Wednesday 25 February 2015

The Dr. (to be) has become the Dr.

Yes, dreams do come true. All it needs is the following:

  • Plan purposefully 
  • Prepare prayerfully
  • Proceed positively 
  • Pursue persistently
OK,  I admit to have taken this from a quote by William A. Ward, but it is the truth. Had I not been persistent for years about what I wanted to do,  I wouldn't have done anything to get it.

Now that I have become Dr. Priya, the goals have become more ambitious, and I aim to achieve those as well. To become a surgeon, specifically a paediatric surgeon has been a dream for the last seven or eight years. Now the time to put in the hard work meant to achieve it begins. I hope to pursue this field with the utmost dedication, strength and durability that I can muster to endure the challenges that come along with becoming a female surgeon. 

2 comments:

  1. I think a previous blog of yours had the perfect quote for this. "Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My decision has to be backed up by hard work right now, to help the uinverse make it happen. The motivation has come back, which is great, but the effort has to be there too.

      Delete